Have you noticed the familiar chill in the morning, the colorful fall foliage, the return to cozy fires and pumpkins in everything from farm to fork? For many of us, the turning of seasons signifies a time to start preparing for those winter months of cooler weather, wind, and rain. We hear of many property and liability claims that occur during the fall and winter months that could have been prevented with a little extra care and maintenance. We would like to bring your attention to a few that might help with your winter preparations:
- Impact your energy costs and water damage during wet weather by Weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors
- Prevent flying objects during windstorms and damage to valuable property by protecting your outdoor living spaces and areas
- Prevent trip and fall claims by removing leaves and debris on walkways in and around your home and rental dwellings
- Prevent roof damage by cleaning debris on the roof, joints in guttering and downspouts
- Prevent broken pipes during freezes by wrapping outdoor exposed pipes with pipe wrap insulation
- Prevent Dry Rot by checking foundation and walls for cracks
Whether your property is located in a temperate climate or harsh climate regions, with a little preparation, you may be able to prevent loss. Of course, if Mother Nature has other plans for your area of the country, and you do experience a Property or Liability loss, we are here to help you through the claim and recovery period. Our trained professionals will assist you to provide sales, service, and claims assistance for your valued property.