Make sure your valuable property is adequately covered.  Typically, if you are living on campus in dorms, your parent’s policy may provide coverage in the event of a theft or fire.  If you are living off campus in an apartment you will need to purchase a separate Renters Insurance policy for your property.

The landlord’s insurance policy provides insurance for the apartment or home you will be renting, but your personal property is not included in the landlord’s policy.  Statistics show college students’ belongings are at a higher risk for theft.  If you have a roommate, their renters insurance will not cover your personal items.

A standard Renters Insurance provides protection against loss of personal possessions, liability for accidents you are held responsible, and additional living expenses if you need to live somewhere else while the building is being repaired or replaced due to a covered loss.  If someone falls or is hurt while visiting you, you may be held responsible for the accident.  If you have a pet that bites another individual, you may be held responsible – Liability insurance protects you against these type of responsibility losses.

WSR’s trained professionals will walk you through the various risk and protection involved in living away from home.  Whether you are living in a dorm, home with roommates, or apartment, call us for a quote on protecting your valuable assets and your future earnings!

Contact Us

509 Bush Street
Woodland, CA 95695


CA # 0B48084 

Follow Us

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This